the Virtual Music Classroom
Music Activities and Resources for Kids and Teachers
This site contains music resources and activities that encourage the ability to read, write, and make music. For more detailed information on this topic see this article.
There are two ways to approach this site:
1. Jump right into the Activities page and have some fun with the music activities you find there.
2. Go to the Teachers Resources page to help you plan an activity or series of activities for specific learning outcomes or to learn a specific technique for teaching music.
-A Strategy for Teaching a song to your class
- How to begin a song all together on the same note!
- Computers in the elementary music classroom
- conducting - in 2
- Teaching for Vocal Health
-A Paper on "Whole Language" and it's lessons for teaching "Music Literacy"
The Teachers' Resources section will include lesson plans for using this site as part of your classroom music program.
- Past Featured Composers.
You can use this site in the classroom, as an instructional tool. Music notation for each melody is on each of the song pages. You can use the notation to help your children and yourself (if you are not a music reader) learn to read music.
Let the tune play over and over, singing the words and following the melody, until the children know the music well. A single computer can be used with the class gathered around it. While it is easy to sit and watch the computer sing, be sure and get the kids actively singing along.
Once the children know the music, try playing the games or dances.
On these pages you will also find a wealth of resources to help you use these songs in integrated activities in schools. These resources include recipes, historical references, bluebird facts and art ideas.
DOWNLOAD needs and NET INFO for using this page:
- QuickTime Musical Instruments info - Download QuickTime 2.1 - Download Crescendo! by Liveupdate - Download Arnold's Midi Player - Download OMS - MacIntosh Midi Users Internet Guide
BACK TO HIGHER DIRECTORIES ON THIS SITE
KODÁLY Society of Canada Homepage - Arts Culture and Heritage
SITE designed and Maintained by